Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collecting the boys

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Collecting the boys Empty
PostSubject: Collecting the boys   Collecting the boys Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Now that I'm back in the fandom, I went treasure hunting in my garage and found a mountain of stuff I forgot I had. (I love when I do that). I know I got rid of some of it (I hate when I do that) but man, I felt this horrendous wave of nostalgia hit me as I flipped through the old magazines and photos.

I'm a paper junkie - scripts, autographs, articles. I love everything to do with production, every tidbit that references behind the scenes.

What I didn't find was much fanfic except for a huge stack from The Dirty Dozen (Ben!). Can't believe I didn't own a few fanzines but. . . .

I also know I have Universal Studios photos of some of the places they filmed. I know people have better pics online but it's nice having my own. Some fans (maybe some of you?) took the private tour and got upclose with some of the sets. Sadly, I had to miss that day.

Anyway, I'd love to hear about your collections and goodies. All those bits of paper and pictures go into my head and help me shape my stories so I'm diving in as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Ghislaine Emrys
Ghislaine Emrys

PostSubject: Re: Collecting the boys   Collecting the boys Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:22 pm

I went on a tour of Universal in 2008 (not the one that all the ASJ fans took together) and took photos of the sets and the bust of Caesar; it was lots of fun! I don't have any fanzines or posters from childhood--never did. Darn!

http://commentaryasaj.blogspot.com/
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://asjmoviewesternsetc.blogspot.com/
WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: collecting   Collecting the boys Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:48 am

In the mid 80's when I began, I had a very treasured image of the boys sitting/standing with the long horn chair. It was a 4x6 and I even self laminated it to keep it safe. But, that was it. So once I could collect through the internet boy have I.

I have loads of files of the boys and will frequently improve them using my professional adobe skills. Sometimes I wish I had a place to share the images I have collected and at times improved.

Luckily for all of us we now have the DVD sets....let me tell you when Region2 got theirs first I was nearly busting at the seams. But, now I have mine however I still have my VHS collection which I swapped and paid for from other collectors through out the nation. I also have my DVD set I purchased of the VHS episodes basically transferred to DVD...but anything I could get which would make the show better. I have to say...I am always on the look out for ASJ items..And, of course I have the theme song on my iTurnes. sunny

PostSubject: Re: Collecting the boys   Collecting the boys Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:44 am

I've got 2 annuals, a couple of ASJ-novels, some Ben-related items from other projects he worked on. I also have (had) a piece of story board from an ASJ comic but to my utter frustration it's gone MIA. I'm convinced it's *somewhere* at my parents', my mom is convinced I threw it out Shocked Also, some US-fans have been so kind to send me some signed stuff but my most precious item is definitely the photo of me with Ben they took when he was in The Hague. That photo always cheers me up. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting the boys   Collecting the boys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting the boys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Writers  :: The Discussion Spot :: Tangentially Related to ASJ-
Jump to: