Alias Smith and Jones Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alias Smith and Jones Writers

A forum devoted to writers of Alias Smith and Jones Fan Fiction

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22

Go down 
+16
EleanorW
calicole
Gan Ainm
Remuda
Nebraska Wildfire
InsideOutlaw
WichitaRed
sistergrace
Maz
Kid4ever
Dan Ker
Nightwalker
MoulinP
Penski
Calico
RosieAnnie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2019 12:07 pm

For November:

Nightwalker: Even as a teen-ager, Heyes was an optimist, focusing on the blessings he and Curry enjoyed, instead of the supposed blessings other people have. Nice dialogue here, that fits the situation and the youngsters they were.

Kid 4ever: Heyes know Curry very well, but in this case, even he doesn't realize the depth of Curry's feelings. Your story is a terrific illustration of Rev. Spencer's background and character, and shows just how well he understands people. Curry certainly recognizes that, when he suggests that Spencer return to the ministry - a nice foreshadowing of future events.

Wichita Red: Those long, cold rides are the perfect time for some self-reflection -- no distractions at all, just landscape and discomfort, and that gives our boys the opportunity to drop some barriers (even with each other) and say things that have been rolling around in their minds for a while. It seems very reasonable to me that, occasionally, they'd question various aspects of the search for amnesty. You show here that their relationship and comfort with each other is strong enough that they discuss their situation, and some hard topics, without hard feelings.

Penski: Bad things happen when we separate! Yet they do it anyway. I guess that illustrates the triumph of desperation for money over experience. Luckily, they know each other well enough, as Heyes knows Curry, to know that Curry's behavior is unusual, and there might be a bad reason for that.

"The failure in doing something is stopping too soon."
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 am

Kid4ever – You wrote an interesting missing scene here. I always had a favor for Reverend Spencer and his admiration for Kid Curry and his self-restraint.
Heyes and the Reverend have a completely different understanding of the situation, depending on their point of view and their background.
I’m curious why Heyes told Spencer about Danny Bilson and how it affected Kid Curry.
Spencer’s talk to Kid Curry at the graveyard is very profound. He gives him a lot to think about, speaking of grudges and Danny still hurting him even from out of the grave now, that it’s up to the Kid to let it go and start healing by forgiving. to be able to move on.
Very interesting and thoughtful story.

WichitaRed – I love the pictures you painted to describe the atmosphere and the time of the year. Fall isn’t the best time for travelling and you made it very clear that our boys truly had enough of it. The poor boys really need to take a break when they even start missing Devil’s Hole.
As always you had the character spot on. I love their talk and the way they make clear that they’ll stick together no matter what.

Penski – Poor Kid loses the coin toss twice a day, which is even worse with the second one that made him the (first) target for a bounty hunter. The situation is turning to the worse since the bounty hunter is a former member of the gang, who was kicked out for his behavior. Quickly things get personal and he gives Kid Curry a real hard time.
I’m so glad Heyes’ bad feeling turned out to be right and he decided to meet the Kid on the trail. You gave him the perfect timing and stage for his appearance to stop McKees.
I love it how you managed to keep up a light tone between the boys despite Kid Curry’s bad condition.
Will the Kid’s luck turn when they separate the second time? I sure wish him the best.

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 5:54 pm

And the first one outta the gate with a bleak midwinter challenge is... Kid4Ever!  What a grumpy young teen Jed is and what a patient, older cousin Han is.  But to be fair, I'd be grumpy, too, if I was cold, hungry and tired surrounded by lots and lots of snow.  Jed is having a terrible day!  Lucky when he fell in the snow hole that there wasn't water from that nearby creek flowing nearby.  Loved the bantering at the end with Jed's request and Han's explanation of things.  awww... It's his birthday and Han didn't forget.  Okay, make tracks now, boys, to that cave so you'll be outta the elements and can celebrate a 13-year old's birthday.  Wonderful!   very cold  chill
moresnow
Oh, I used to cross my heart, too!

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 11:44 am

In the Bleak Midwinter KID4EVER

I rarely get into a boyhood story, but yours just charmed me. The hints of who they were becoming in the boys we were seeing was great. Kid's grumpy grousing and Heyes' stubbornness, both for good and bad was wonderful. There were so many great lines of dialogue. Well Done! Really love the image of Heyes laying propped on his elbow, teasing his cousin, he loves so much but often covers showing him. Just an amazing little tale.

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Wichita Red – Love outlaw stories. Can relate with Heyes thinking about doing something productive, but settling for a nap first. Oh no, a fire! Gang works well together when needed. Cute that Kyle’s line “…’cause what makes you such a great leader is you don’t make no one do what you wouldn’t do yourself” works with Heyes most times. Moving everyone into the smaller leader’s cabin should motivate Heyes and Curry to get the bunkhouse rebuilt quickly, however, that’s probably not that feasible during midwinter. Wonderful challenge! two thumbs

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 10:16 pm

Nightwalker – A glimpse at Christmas at Devil’s Hole. With Big Jim being there and no mention of Kid Curry, Heyes is there alone. Nice detail with the turkey dinner, dancing, and guitar & fiddle playing. I can see Heyes leaving the noisy bunkhouse for a few minutes of solitude pondering his situation and his losses, especially a cousin. Love him seeing the star and wondering about Jed. Sad that Jim had a family and lost them. Like that Heyes “pasted a smile on” and returned to his gang. Love this! thumbsup

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 5:02 pm

NIGHTWALKER
Challenge Mid Bleak
This had a painful feeling to it that reached out wrapping about the reader, you brought his cold loneliness very much to life. Well done. I enjoyed the shared confidences between he3 and Big Jim. Overall a very somber, touching little tribute. Well Done.

Kid4ever

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2019 7:22 pm

WichitaRed:

Ah, a story from Devil's Hole. Always a fun read for me and you didn't disappoint.

Oh no - a fire and a bucket brigade! Not a fun thing in any weather, but winter makes it worse.

Hmm, no mention of Kid - yet?

Poor DHG - lost their bunkroom and it's getting dark and colder.

Love how Kyle gets prodded to use his "hook" line. Nice to know it works even in the face of disaster.

And Wheat? He's still Wheat; all up in Heyes' face. Oh, this time he's thankful; nice to see he can appreciate Heyes, too.

Kid shows up, with a few others I missed at the beginning. Not what they were expecting at all.

I have to feel for both Heyes and Kid having to share their quarters with the rest of the gang - I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those few months...  Very Happy

Nice thoughts from Preacher - if only they could help Heyes and Kid survive it all!

With your wonderful descriptive words, I envisioned this as I read along and pretty much had a grin on my face for all of it. Thanks for creating a fun piece to keep me entertained in my post-holiday hours.

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Nightwalker:

Ooohhh... another Devil's Hole story! Bonus nite for me sm

Hmm, Big Jim's in charge; a different time period from the last story, so let's see what can happen here...

It's nice to think the DHG could have such a nice Christmas celebration, with each one contributing something special to it.

Had to chuckle at the thought of Wheat's rendition of the Christmas story, as well as picturing a jig contest between the tipsy gang members.

Sighing along with Heyes as he ponders on his life the past few years not meeting up with his expectations. Oh, and his thoughts turn to Jed/Kid... Aww, what a nice visual - brown and blue eyes looking at the same bright star and thinking of each other!

Nice moment between Big Jim and Heyes as they think/share about family.

Great way to end your challenge with the thought of the star putting a twinkle in Heyes' eye.

Thanks for sharing a little bit of what life in Devil's Hole was like at Christmas. It put me in a good mood to enjoy the rest of MY holiday vacation.

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2019 8:15 pm

Penski:

We get to visit with all the fellas from Red Dog as they spend the winter cooped up together.

Oh, poor Kid Sad  down for the count. He didn't even get to finish his hand!

I'm enjoying these flashbacks to previous times when Kid was sick and Heyes was responsible for keeping him alive. When you're sitting with someone, tending to their needs and trying to keep them comfortable, your mind does have a lot of time to spend thinking.

Jed/Kid was very lucky he had someone like Heyes to be there with him thoughout all the times he was flat out on his back.

You did a wonderful job of weaving Night of the Red Dog into your challenges and creating a whole new story. You allowed the reader glimpses into the relationship between Heyes and Kid and how just sitting beside a friend can mean the difference between life and death. We can all wish for such a friend in our time of need  sm

Thanks for sharing a story that captured my attention from the beginning and held it until the end.
applause

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 3:01 pm

Happy almost end of December, everyone!

Kid 4Ever: Those poor little kids, wandering through the snow like that. I can easily see a 12-year-old, who is cold, hungry, tired and scared, blaming his older cousin. The lines saying things like, you told me the cave wasn't far. I've been on easy summer hikes in the summer, with adults, who complained like that! Of course he'd want to take the lead sometimes. Leave it to Heyes to say reasonable things! That's almost more frustrating. And I do remember saying the "cross my heart" vows when I was a child.

Wichita Red: I love how the gang members tell Kyle, "use your hook line." They knew it worked in the past, and it sure worked this time. Preacher's lines are so true, yet it's also true that the leader's cabin is going to feel awfully crowded.

Nightwalker: So sad. A good reminder that Christmas can be melancholy for everyone who remembers people they lost. Sounds like the gang organized a party as well as they could. I'd love to see the dancing at that party!

Penski: I thought I recognized the references to earlier stories! It all fits perfectly.

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 6:20 am

Hello one and all…
I am breaking off from a serious New Year’s Day declutter to poll the poll as it were…

Happy New Year to one and all.

1) Kid4ever
Aha!! First out of the gate is our current bandanny wearer. Did the ex-outlaws enjoy Christmas with you??

Aww… so a young HH is already doing the five pat hands. Poor young boys, so cold. Lip wobbles. And Kid, still young enough to be doing the ‘They’ll be sorry’ stuff youngsters do.

Double awwww… Kid has just become a teenager!!! Awww.

And HH explaining how he takes the lead just like King Wenceslas … to make the walk easier.

Oh, KidFour – how lovely was that??? So close.

2) WichitaRed

Hello and happy new year to you, Wichita Red.

Come on Heyes!! You can’t leave them out in the cold. You already said they look pathetic.

Aww, loving that Kyle uses the familiar line. …what makes you such a great leader is you don’t make no one do what you wouldn’t do yourself.

Well, Heyes, like all of us… sometimes we do the right thing but knowing its right doesn’t make us like it!!

That was a great short, Wichita. Thank you.

3) Nightwalker

Happy New Year and hello to you, Nightwalker.

Oooooh, I like the sound of a fierce chilli. Not sure about listening to Heyes for too long on the guitar – smile.

Oh, poor Heyes. All racked with what might have been. And, gulp, a tragic back story for Big Jim.

Sniffle, Nightwalker – that touched a nerve.

4) Penski
Hello and Happy New year to you, VS mistress

Oh, this is a great episode… Poor old, Kid. Oh, yes. Sleeping sitting up is a good idea. Cuts down on the rattling.

Dear Heyes, you’ve taken care of him time after time, huh? (Well, Penski keeps making him fall poorly, - smile)

Ah, a mix of missing scene and reminiscing, lovely.
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 7:50 am

Kid4ever – The boys are suffering from bad timing even at their young age. No wonder Heyes is annoyed: too young himself to care for himself, even less for his younger cousin.
It’s really a hard time for young Jed. And there’s not much he can do about their situation. Both of them lack experience. For sure it’s not the birthday Jed wished for.
I’m just glad Heyes found him in time and they are both on their way together again, understanding a little bit more the other one’s behavior.

WichitaRed – Oh what a misery losing the roof over their heads this time of the year.
I understand very well why Heyes was hesitant about inviting the rest of the gang into the leader’s cabin, but let’s be honest: there wasn’t much of a choice. Letting the boys freeze would have caused a lot of trouble and probably cost him the leadership of the gang. And the Kid seems to have a good idea what they are heading for with their ‘guests’, too.
I love Preacher’s comments. Maybe he knows them better than themselves.

Penski – Thank you for the nice missing scene from “Night of the Red Dog”. The gap in the plot almost called to filled. A good chance to indulge a little hurt/comfort with Curry suffering from the grippe and Heyes caring for him.
I love the flashbacks to their childhood. Poor Kid seems to be prone for fevers. Fortunately, Heyes has a lot of practice by then. No question he knows a lot better than the ‘Doctor’ how to take care of his friend.
Of course, you added more stories to my read-next-list, because I’ve got to read the old challenge stories now...

Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm

Rosie Annie - First outta the gate with a really good challenge. Nice having a story about Wheat and Kyle. Haven't had one of them for a while. You have both of their characters and dialog down perfect. Loved seeing Wheat having family and trying to help out. Poor Martha having the pain prolonged. Challenge ended on a sad note. So glad you came out to play this month, Rosie Annie! Thanks! thumbsup

Kid4ever

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 1:24 pm

RosieAnnie:

Aw, a Kyle & Wheat story. Another pair of my favorite outlaws that never fail to entertain me with their antics, as well as their idees.  applause

What an enjoyable read!  study  A wonderful backstory for Wheat, with his side-kick Kyle there to help him along. Great use of the prompt in naming the ranch; it made me grin when I found out why  Very Happy

You created some personable characters for Wheat's family, as well as introducing the reader to their backstory and bringing us up the present so we could understand the reasoning for Wheat's visit.

I could understand their reluctance to accept Wheat's help, but was relieved to see how you resolved that conflict.

Martha's chat with Kyle while looking at the night sky, and the realization that they were both stuck, resonated with me long after the story was finished. Sometimes you can't fix broke.

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 6:04 pm

Lucky Thirteen ROSIE ANNIE
Your story just charmed the socks off me, it was so good. I think I may have to stick with the back story you have created for Wheat in your one and done story. That is a great, great backstory. Dialogue, description, plot, flow...it was all just great. Thanks for giving me something great to read tonight.

RosieAnnie

RosieAnnie

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 7:39 am

Wow oh wow Wichita Red: You really took me for a ride! You started out, all humor and teasing, and then went into some high drama that actually made me gasp! This story is a good illustration of the kind of threat our boys lived under every day. They were so careful with the new hostess at the door, but they certainly didn't expect the danger they faced once they entered the main room. And at the end, they're so accustomed to violence, they can almost shrug it off at the end and think, oh boy, we have to go back out in the cold? Very well done.

Back to top Go down
Dan Ker

PostSubject: January 2020   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 6:19 am

Rosie Ann,
What a wonderful, warm-hearted story.
Sometimes we don't know everything about the people who surround us, even if we know them for quite a while. It needs a lot of trust to tell a friend about things we usually try to hide. And our outlaws are no exception. Maybe Wheat didn't had enough courage to explain Kyle for whom all the supplies are he purchased. But it's so good to see that even hardened outlaws regard themselves as friends and partners.
Sometimes it's necessary to surprise your friend with a vote of confidence, so you can say "sometimes I don't understand you." Very well done to start and to end the story with this little sentence. In every person there are some hidden spots others would never expect.
And our tough Wheat takes care of a part of his family. With honestly earned money, of course. So sweet he doesn't want to embarrass his brother. Eric wouldn't have accepted stolen money. What a shame Wheat can't stick by his name, Sören is such a beautiful Swedish name and quite common even in Germany.
I like it that you compare Wheat's and Kyle's partnership with Heyes' and Curry's by using the characteristical sentence " bad things happen when we split up. You need me to watch your back." That's what partners are for.
Lovely to see what polite and pleasant manners Kyle can show when he's impressed.
With the implementing of the prompt you're emphasizing the meaning of their families for them, their background." Lucky" you can be, if you can rely on your family.
Sweet the way Kyle tries to cheer Wheat up, when he notices Wheat is disappointed with Martha's reaction.
Poor Martha, the offered support is for her like a drop in the bucket. Now she can't convince her husband to leave the ranch.
The comparison with her "stuck" situation and Kyle's life of crime, which he can't leave this easily is moving. Very good idea to let the conversation take place while they're watching the sunset.
Kyle's "family", the Devil Hole Gang with two pretty good bad men is everything he has, he's stuck as well.
Right at the moment neither Martha nor Kyle are able to leave the sinking ship, even if they want to. But despite that they have to be lucky.
Both have to be content with little.
Who would have thought that Kyle could be that thoughtful? Definitely not Wheat...

Back to top Go down
Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 11:48 am

I have my cup of tea… and am reading challenges during my last few hours within the European Union (sob)…

1) RosieAnnie

Hello there Rosie!! Working overtime on the word counter, huh??
Oooh, Lucky Thirteen Ranch. Okay.
Aww – loving that Wheat and Kyle also have the ‘watch each others back’ and ‘bad things happen if we split up’ schtick going on.

How good is this – a back story for Wheat!! One of 13!! Sheesh.

Oh, poor Martha. She’s really had enough.
And Kyle is stuck too – though he sees the best of things like a simple philosopher.

AWWWW…. I really liked that friendship and family tale, Rosie. .

2) WichitaRed

Hello there Wichita Red!

Oh dear, the gang must really have worn poor Kid’s nerves to a frazzle.

Is this BlackJack Jenny??? Or am I interpreting too much? Yes, I think I am wrong.

Gosh, that was a change of tone and pace.
And we have Doc Holliday helping out our boys! Gosh again.

Well, I must say that really took me by surprise in the best of all ways. Very pacy - very exciting.
Back to top Go down
Penski
Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 10:22 pm

Wichita Red – I bet the Kid’s patience was tried with all of those outlaws under the same roof! Like how he’s counting pine cones to calm down… like counting sheep. I suppose they could’ve sent the gang to Lottie’s and stayed, but then your story wouldn’t be the same. There’s Jenny! There they go introducing themselves, again. Yup, sounds just like Jenny. sigh… Jenny got kisses from both. Boy, your story picked up the pace fast! And yet it was slow, like how Heyes felt. What a violent end for a violent man. Holliday is such a flirt! And back out into the cold they go. Well done! thumbsup

WichitaRed
WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 5:53 am

Lucky 13. PENSKI
fun, fast paced story. Great research regarding the engine and workings, Vanuatu characters created for the team. Be awhile before Heyes lives this one down...Espinosa his “what could go wrong.” Line

Calico

Calico

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 7:00 am

3) Penski

Hello there VS mistress (yes, I know I have piccies to resend – am a bit under the cosh at the moment, sorry)

Ominous music – Friday the 13th.

Ah, we don’t really want Uncle Frank to get robbed do we? Nah. Is that a brown bess Dan has?

Huzzah!! Lucky 13 was the little engine that could!! Not that we want our boys to get soaking wet and chilly but… I think that was a charming tale of alls well that ends well, Penski.

4) Kid4ever

Kid4ever

Hello there Kid4Ever… just dodging under the wire there, and with so much going on just now!! Glad to see you challenging.

Come on Heyes! You know you want to go here your fortune.

Awww… Heyes and Kid will always be together. He likes hearing that.

And they were real random cards being read?? What a very clever and original idea to drive a story.
Back to top Go down
Kid4ever

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 9:27 am

WichitaRed:

Oohhh... another story with some backstory to it! applause I love finding out how things began or how the boys met up with some of our fav characters.

I'm sure that's gotta be our Blackjack Jenny - what a great first meeting for her and the boys. (Jenny's one of my fav guest characters in ASJ) yes And Heyes ends up coming to her aid - awww.

Lottie was another fun character to be introduced to. From her name and her actions, I was imagining/picturing the Lottie character from "Here Come The Brides," another of my favs. At least I was until I got to the part where she used the French words/accent. Now I have a different image of her  Very Happy

Enjoyed the partner's bantering and the line about Heyes saying Kid's stumped him from thinking had me chuckling.

Just imagining how Kid must feel at this point, having to spend all this time with the rest of the DH gang all cooped up brings another grin to my face. Gotta feel sorry for both Kid and Heyes.

To brave the passes, Kid and Heyes must've been truly desperate to get away. Then they have to run into a bad bounty hunter on top of everything - poor boys! Adding Doc Holliday to the mix made it an even more fun read.

Nice action scenes, fun dialogue and a wonderful scenario - great combo for a terrific challenge!  applause

Kid4ever

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 9:46 am

Penski:

It's always fun to see what kinda plan Heyes can come up with, no matter what the date, but it sure seems like he's got his work cut out for him convincing the rest of the gang that Friday the 13th is a day like any other - plus they'll rake in $20,000 - a pretty nice haul for them.

The new characters sounded as if they were up to facing any challenge they might meet up with, especially that Dan fella who brought 'Bessie' along for the ride.

Glad Dan never had the chance to use it on the DHG - he sure meant business! yes

For a while I was sure Heyes' plan was gonna work, then the bad weather put in an appearance. Add to that the fact that Franklin wasn't about to have HIS train robbed by anybody and Dan with Bessie... Heyes' plan didn't stand a chance  No

Poor Heyes at a loss for words.  Not a common thing to happen. I have to feel sorry for him after all that work he put into coming up with plan he thought would work.

Wonder if Heyes has any thoughts of revenge against Lucky 13 and might come up with a brand new plan? huh

Thanks for sharing the pic of the real Lucky 13. Your worked that real life stuff into a very creative story that I enjoyed reading from start to finish.  applause

Penski

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 11:15 am

Kid4Ever - Boy did you do a great job writing that challenge with the little bunny I gave you!  Awesome that Jude could actually do a reading as you "channeled" Heyes - still can't believe how accurate the reading was!  So nice that Artie helped out, too.  Loved the line about wondering is different than thinking - so true!  Gotta love a circus.  I can really see Heyes being skeptical about the whole thing but humoring his partner.  Using his own cards made me smile (nice transition from tarot cards to the regular playing ones Jude uses).  A son and father con men?  I can't think of an episode like that (but thought of the father and son in Smokey and the Bandit).  Sounds like a great story to write, adding this bit as a flashback for Heyes.  Loved Heyes' reaction from skeptic sitting back to sitting a little straighter to edge of seat.  And Mistress Jade does know all, it appears.  Okay, now I'm wondering if Kid pays another dollar for his own reading.  Maybe just stick to Heyes' read.  LOVED IT!!!  two thumbs

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22   Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019  to ... April 22 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awestruck comments - May 1st 2019 to ... April 22
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next